The project is mainly aimed at catalysis and catalysts for high-temperature polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell (HT-PEMFC).
The research will cover the following activities:
- Development of protocols and HT setups electrochemical characterisation;
- Study of absorption mechanisms of electrolyte species on catalysts;
- Preparation of novel oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) catalysts;
- Fuel cell evaluations. This project is collaborating with several other research institutes and companies within the 4M research Centre.
Major efforts of the project including:
- Synthesize novel ORR catalysts, eg. Pt based precious materials and grapheme based non-precious materials. Novel synthetic approaches will be investigated including the high temperature autoclave method recently developed.
- Characterization will be carried out in hot phosphoric acid with emphasis on long term stability.
Finally electrode fabrication and fuel cell tests will be performed as the eventual evaluation of HT-PEM catalysts.
The project is part of the 4M centre, funded by The Danish Council for Strategic Research